Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: David DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 08:48:56 +0100
Stanley Allen wrote:

> Bjarne Stroustrup said of Ada in a recent interview
> (http://www.objectmagazine.com/features/9801/stroustrup.html):
>
> > I remember almost despairing of learning Ada because
> > the Ada people I listened to were busy impressing each
> > other with how advanced their understanding of Ada was
> > and how fantastically complicated [the] cases they
> > could handle [were]. I thought "if that's what it takes
> > to understand Ada and use it, I'm not sure that I want to."
> > Then, I decided that they were just showing off and
> > things were simpler than they appeared.
>
> With his on-again, off-again appreciation of Ada,
> Stroustrup is an interesting case study in ambiguity.

My goodness... you actually read the entire article?  Half way through I
nodded off from all the self-serving, back slapping drivel.   I half
expected the author's interview (read- worship/I'm as good as
Stroustrup) to offer us:

   "... and do you eat the center of the oreo before the chocolity
outside. I do and I think that is an excellent metaphor for class
bindings..." @#$% teeth nashing.

And they call Ada enthusiast zealots?  Geesh!

--
My opinions only!!
David W. DEWITT                 Eurocontrol - Central Flow Management