From:
Mike Brenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 09:37:03 -0400
Dave Carlson > ... As I am sure you are all aware, there are far more
             > opportunities in the market place today than available
             > personnel...

No, I am not aware of these opportunities. In the last month, several
of my engineering friends got laid off in various parts of the country.

The only opportunities I have been made aware of are entry-level jobs.

It would be helpful if there were a way to post the opportunities
for experienced people somewhere, so this legend about there being
more high paying jobs than takers, particularly in Ada development,
can be dispelled as quickly as possible, and connect those who
are available with the few real opportunities that are available.

When the senior engineers stop getting laid off, then it will be a
lot easier to believe that there are unfilled opportunities in
the market place.

The evidence points to a marketplace that is diminishing the buying power
of the world's most competent people.

Mike Brenner