Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 19:19:22 +0100
I consider to try to get my cousin hooked on programming in
Ada.  Until now, he has (according to his mother) only done
some Java-script programming, so I think there should be a
fair chance for giving him a good start - if I can find the
right tools for Ada development on a MS-Windows system.

I have decided to give him the book "Object-Oriented
Software in Ada 95", but in addition to that I would like to
put together a cd-rom with good, free and useful tools and
libraries.

 * GNAT for Windows is sort of obvious.

 * But which IDE?  (Emacs is probably not sufficiently
   Windows-like)

 * And which version of GtkAda?

 * And can one get GLADE (the GUI builder) for MS-Windows?

 * Other stuff?

Greetings,

Jacob (putting together the last Christmas presents ;-)
--
Noir comme le diable
Chaud comme l'enfer