From:
Joachim Schröer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joachim Schröer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:57:34 +-200
Hallo Ron,

thanks for you answer

My first attempt was to install C2Ada, but as you, was not successful
on Solaris or NT for different reasons.  If you had success, I'd like to
know how.

No, I have no exe.

We're trying cbind because we need a tool that will convert C headers
to Ada specs.
I got cbind to run, or should I say limp, on NT.  Attached, is a copy of
a message I sent to the author of cbind.  I haven't recv'd a reply yet.
I found out that the NT executables will run properly on a Win95
machine.
As I learn more, I'll let you know.

We also need such a tool.
The thing is: There are very useful tools like C2ada, but noone feels
responsible to maintain them, cause the DoD who payed the
development does not pay any longer.

For the developers it would be easy to port C2ada to Solaris
and NT. I (and probably you and others) would pay for it.
But possibly this is not enought to maintain such tools.

There also is an Ada binding working group. I asked them to
maintain the tool(s), and probably they will in future.
There should be executables somewhere on the net for
Solaris, Linux or WinNT.

I would post in a lot of Ada-related newsgroups. I did the same,
but sometime ago. If you have success, please inform me.

Thanks
        Joachim