From:
Hal Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 15:28:25 -0700
>I'm wondering (only half-jokingly) whether some recruiter confused
>Ada with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act). The latter would
>be a big deal for something like NYCTA - making stations
>disabled-accessible, etc.
>
>Hal - are you _sure_ it was really _Ada_ they were looking for?

No, I'm not sure (altho using Ada for high-reliability systems as done
so often in Europe made enough sense that I wouldn't have thought to
ask about "ADA").  Even if I had asked, clearly the search-firm person
(who has called me before about clients who need Ada programmers)
assumed it was "Ada the PL," so I know she would have said "YES"
and she still might have been wrong.

        -- Hal