From:
"W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:12:43 -0500
> ...., prior to that time, HP Printers were without
> question the highest quality printers available for desktops.  In recent
> years their quality has decidedly gone down hill, and primarily due to
> sucky software.  ....

Well, what killed my printer was sucky _hardware_ (and false advertising).
(And stubbornness on my part.)  This printer was supposed to print on card
stock, photo paper, envelopes, labels, nearly anything with one side 8.5
inches wide or less.  The User's Manual claimed that, too.

Here's where the stubbornness comes in--many people would give up after
the fourth failure to print on something other than thin photocopy paper.
Not me.  "The manual says I can do this, and  by golly, I'm gonna do it!"
On the next attempt, the print head grabbed the edge of the paper,
crumpled it up, and dragged it through the thin cheap plastic out-of-paper
detector, breaking it off.  Still under warranty, but HP hasn't agreed to
that yet.  And I don't want it fixed, now--I want my money back.

This has been an off-topic special rant by Wes Groleau.  We now return you
to your regularly scheduled Ada advocacy.....

--
Wes Groleau
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~wgroleau