From:
"O'Connor.John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 07:48:48 -0600
It may not be commercial, but it's not defense either.

Both the International Space Station and the Space Station Training
Simulator are being/have been developed in Ada.

The First Element Launch of the space station (the Functional Cargo Block,
nicknamed Zayra (Russian for Sunrise)) occurs tomorrow (11/20) morning (1:40
EST) from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakstan. The first US segment (Node-1,
nicknamed Unity) will be launched on Dec 3, also early in the morning, with
the Node-1 software written in Ada.

The space station is being built by Boeing, the training simulator is being
built by Raytheon (formerly Hughes Training, formerly CAE-Link). Both, or
course, are under contract to NASA.

Read more about the space station at http://station.nasa.gov.

John O'Connor
The Boeing Company