From:
Joel Seidman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joel Seidman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:46:55 -0800
Can someone please explain the following  line from the Ada 83 LRM 13.10.1(8):

"If X designates a task object, the call FREE(X) has no effect on the task designated by the value of this task object....."

The reason I ask is I am looking at a program that uses new and free (instantiation of U.A.) on task access types, and it seems to have a memory leak. Can this be the reason?

If the above paragraph means what it seems to mean to me, the stack space of a task allocated with new cannot be reclaimed. If so, this is very surprising to me (but would explain my memory leak), and I'm curious what the reason would be. Or am I misinterpreting the paragraph?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

-- Joel