Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 00:19:17 EDT
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>I obviously don't agree with your stance, Mike, and I feel that
>positions and attitudes such are yours are holding back the Ada
>community to a large degree, and they have been for many years.
>As a consequence, Ada is moving from an "also ran" to a "never ran"
>in several high-investment domains.  Many of the ideas behind Ada
>are sound and of value, but they are being hidden from many elements
>of the software development community because of the enormous thrust
>in these domains and the lack of an Ada presence there.

Mike cannot hold back "the Ada community", as you can proceed with
whatever people agree with your campaign.  If that quantity is not
sufficient to achieve critical mass, perhaps you are not on the more
productive track.  I know that Mike has been around the barn with
Microsoft, as I have posted on the wall his tale of an exchange
with a Microsoft recruiter regarding the state of computer education.
That dialogue has made me even more resolute (if that is possible)
to emphasize other computer vendors.

If you are successful, however, it will change the nature of Microsoft.

Larry Kilgallen