From:
Philip Brashear <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philip Brashear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 08:26:34 -0500
All,

PLEASE CALM DOWN!

Be careful what you say, please.  I'm seeing messages that indicate hurt feelings
and messages that carelessly cause hurt feelings.  Please remember that we are
not the enemy.  (Unless you're a Pogo fan.)  Critics, please temper your criticism.
Those who are criticized, please don't overreact.  We don't need dissension within
the community at a time like this.

I suspect the problem is that we're all shocked and disappointed.  Just don't lash
out at one another.  Try to think constructively, and be as polite as possible.

(If you're thinking that I should practice what I preach, you're absolutely right.
I'm no better than anyone else.)

We're all upset, I think, so take a moment to cool off before someone really takes
offense.

Phil Brashear