From:
"W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:03:16 -0500
> Mind you, I think there are sizes of projects that are susceptible
> to the open source model and sizes of projects that aren't.  I have
> grave doubts about whether NT could be developed as open source, at
> least under the traditional open source development model.

Which open source model is "traditional"? There are several, for example,

"you can have my source but it's still mine so don't mess with it"

"you can have my source and do anything you want with it"

"you can have my source, but only if you promise to give all yours away"
    Yes, I know I'm exaggerating the FSF position.  :-)

Now Microsoft weighs in with "Their source crashes so seldom that we're
losing customers, so let's see if we can make their source illegal."

--
Wes Groleau
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~wgroleau