Currie Colket <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:19:14 -0500
Maxim, Paul, Team Ada, and SIGAda Announce:

Maxim raises the issue that the access to Ada Letters is not working,
requiring a password. Paul is raising the issue that even with a password,
he can't get at Ada Letters electronically.

The way the system is supposed to work is that all digitized issues (i.e.,
since March 2000) of Ada Letters are freely  available to the Ada Community
with the exception on the two most recent issues of Ada Letters. These
issues require SIGAda membership as authenticated with a password for
access.

As Maxim points out, the system is currently broken, in that a password is
needed for access to even the older issues of Ada Letters. The problem has
been brought to the attention of ACM and they will try to resolve the
problem ASAP. In our testing, we have also noted that the June 2002 issue
does not appear to be on line and we need to make sure it gets restored to
the page. I will send out an announcement when this is working.

Paul's issue is also a concern. However, several of us have tested the
system out over the last couple of hours and the passwords do work. Perhaps
you are using a bad member name or password. Please contact ACM Member
Services and they will assist you in being able to access the Ada Letters
(and as you noted, the ACM Digital Library). They can be reached at
<[log in to unmask]>. If you would like to speak to a person, you can contact
ACM Member Services directly at +1 (800) 342-6626. If your system cannot
access +1 (800), please call +1 (212) 626-0500 for the ACM Switchboard and
then ask to be connected to Member Services.

Ada Letters is an important benefit to the SIGAda Member as well as the Ada
Community and we thank both of you for bringing these issues to our
attention so that we can get them resolved.

v/r
Currie Colket
Chair ACM SIGAda