Prof R Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 12:55:35 EDT
Hi, Everyone,

I'd like to add that a special edition of the Walnut Creek Ada CDROM
is coming out for Tri-Ada 97, and, supplementing these ASIS-related
activities is a large section of new material on ASIS.  These CDROMs
will be included at no extra charge for all conference attendees.

Rick

> Dear Team Ada,
>
> Tri-Ada'97 will be having a number of ASIS activities ranging from
> tutorial, panel, a paper session, and a BOF. This email contains a list
> of the ASIS activities planned at Tri-Ada'97 with extended abstracts.
>
> This would give you an excellent opportunity to find out more about
> ASIS and perhaps even include ASIS concepts/simple programs in
> educational programs of which you are involved. ASIS is a powerful tool
> to the application developer as it allows one to quickly roll one's
> own tool to check out things of interest.
>
> The latest addition to the list is a joint ASISWG and Safety and
> Security Working Group (SAFEWG) BOF using the safety-critical
> and very mission-critical application of making India Pale
> Ale. India Pale Ale has more hops and more alcohol than traditional
> Ale to serve as a preservative for the long trip to India. Yes, a great
> tasting Ale is very mission-critical and the process is very
> safety-critical. Yes, ASIS can be used to make a great tasting Ale.
>
> The activities, along with extended abstracts are provided below.
> This is a great time to register for the conference as the lowest
> possible rates are still available until 9 October. Information for
> registration is provided at the following URL:
>
>          http://www.acm.org/sigada/tri-ada/
>
> It is very important to register for the conference as soon as
> possible. For the ASIS Tutorial on Monday morning, please check
> M2 on the registration form.
>
> In my last email, I encouraged everyone to check out the ASIS Home
> Page, but neglected to provide the URL. It is:
>
>          http://www.acm.org/sigada/WG/asiswg
>
> Besides having the ASIS 20p, there is also a new section containing
> ASIS 95 tutorials. This is a great place to find out more about
> using ASIS for code analysis to support reliability and quality
> evaluation for your mission-critical and safety-critical software.
> ASIS will allow an application developer to easily and quickly
> roll-your-own tool to support specific development requirements.
>
> Incidentally, the CD ROM to be distributed at Tri-Ada'97, has the
> current ASIS 20p along with the ASIS 95 tutorials.
>
> I encourage you to pass this email on to your colleagues who might
> be interested in ASIS.
>
> v/r
> Currie Colket
> Chair ASISWG/Chair ASISRG
>
> [Note new email address]
>
> Extended abstracts for ASIS Activities at Tri-Ada'97 =>
>   1.  Monday Morning, 10 November; Half Day Tutorial
>   2.  Tuesday Afternoon, 11 November; 4:00-5:30 P.M.; ASIS Panel
>   3.  Wednesday Afternoon, 12 November; 4:00-5:30 P.M. Paper Session
>   4.  Wednesday Evening, 12 November; 7:30-9:30 Joint SAFEWG/ASISWG BOF

> Monday Morning, 10 November; Half Day Tutorial
>
>    Building Development Tools for Use with GNAT.
>    Sergey I. Rybin, Moscow State University
>    Cyrille Comar, ACT
>
>      This tutorial will explain how you can built your
> [...]

Richard Conn, PAL Manager  |  [log in to unmask]
Opinions expressed herein are my own and not necessarily those of anyone else.