Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Craig Carey <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 15:33:40 +1200

Here is an extract from a reply I got from a person at www.embedded.com

At 11:25 04.05.00 -0800, wbiondi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
|Mr. Carey,
|
|We stopped the voting because the results seemed skewed towards Ada.  We
|were unable to block multiple voting, and we felt that some people were
|voting more than once.  According to our research, Ada should come in at
|around 5-6%, not the 50% the poll was showing.  When we get vote
|blocking capability, we will reinstate the poll.

: [Bill B.]

|Craig Carey wrote:
|
|> Why was the voting stopped?. I accidentally voted through
|>   an Australian proxy.
|>
|>   The lists that would introduce Ada 95 to beginners, and that
|>   would advocate it, had a few messages on the vote. He is
|>   one sample letter of very few. The page wasn't take[n]
|>   offline when the C language was way ahead. There wouldn't
|>   have been any events like happened to Randi of CSICOP?
|>
|> http://www.psy.uva.nl/resedu/pn/res/ANOMALOUSCOGNITION/starbaby.html

  vote too (Mr Feldman was promoting the vote):
   [log in to unmask], and

It would be interesting, to have the vote restarts, and this time
  make sure that about 4 C language mailing lists were informed. I want
  to know if embedded C language programmers can coordinate a response
  to appeals to vote for their language (or select the language they
  use rather than the programming language they might want to use).

Craig Carey, Auckland