From:
Thomas W Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:11:03 -0500
>I am looking for sample code for doing socket programming under Unix
>and Windows in Ada95.
  It's only available for Windows, and it's only 'free' in the sense
the source code is available, but Claw 1.2 has a thick binding, and
sample code using it, for sockets.  eg, simple blocking sockets are
controlled objects and can be handled like files (a la Java) with
Open, Read (with timeout), Write, and Close (plus appropriate other
utilities).  Non-blocking sockets add overridable When_Connect,
When_Readable, etc.  You can still get directly at the Winsock
handles and such if you really need some low-level mucking.
  It seems conveniently usable to me - but then I wrote it. ;)
Tom Moran