Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:18:41 -0600
From:
James A Squire 312 M 193884 <[log in to unmask]>
"K.D.Dyer" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:27:38 -0500 JackBeidler
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Norman,
> >
> > Norman H Cohen wrote:

> > >              ^^^^^^
> > >
> > > Was this a Freudian slip or a very clever pun?
> >
> > I wish it were, but it was a narrow focus on what I was trying to
> > do, form a table of contents.  I'm thinking along the lines of
> > AdaLB,, AdLib or AdaLiB, for Library Browser.  I just can't think of
> > a clever pneumonic.
>
>            ^^^^^^^^^
>
> Am I missing a pun, or do you mean mnemonic?

Probably.  I've seen this before.  In a previous life I was doing
subcontractor management of a company who shall remain nameless and we
used to review their change requests on a weekly basis.  I saw one one
time that talked about adding a "pneumatic opcode".  I said, what kind
of sick op-code are they talking about adding?  For all I know, even
beyond picking the wrong word, they may have spelled it wrong as well,
though I seem to recall looking it up and finding that it was indeed a
word.

BTW, I can't stop myself from pointing out a bit of extra-curriculur
confusion.  Norm's comment about a freudian slip was intended for Tucker
Taft, not Jack Beidler (the one who responded to it).  The question was
concerning the use of the word "struct" as opposed to "struck".

I bring it up only because I'm so curious to know what Tucker's reply is
;-)

I'll be going back to my life now... let's see, where did I put it?
--
James Squire             Send my Spam to mailto:[log in to unmask]
MDA^H^H^HBoeing St. Louis                          http://www.boeing.com