From:
James Squire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 15:10:27 -0600
jim hopper <[log in to unmask]> 02/06/98 05:11pm wrote:

>At 2:39 PM -0600 2/6/98, James Squire wrote:

>>The point is:  *IF* Ada programmers are hard to come by, then your
>>insight above is useless.  I'm not an expert in the recruitment area,
>>so I take on face value that these comments come (in this case) from
>>actual experience trying to hire Ada programmers.

>Well there are lots of people CLAIMING to be C++ programmes and c
>programmers but of these people how many would YOU hire??  I see this a
>lot.  Everyone who can program c, claims to be able to do C++.  Lets
>face it theres a lot more to C++ and OOP in genral than language
>syntax!

That's a good point.

But, if those who interview for the job thumb their nose at Ada and go
elsewhere, what's a company to do?

I don't know that this is entirely the case, but that it is a strong
factor seems entirely plausible.
---
James Squire             Send my Spam to mailto:[log in to unmask]
MDA^H^H^HBoeing St. Louis                          http://www.boeing.com
Hey Novell, is it too much to ask that when I log out of NetWare, it
should ACTUALLY record that I've logged out, so that it doesn't have to
scramble around the house laboriously when I try to log back in, forcing
me to ring the door bell 20 times??????
Opinions expressed here are my own and NOT my company's
"Unfortunately, we *are* on a budget here."
        -- Londo, "Believers"