From:
Colin Paul Gloster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:51:13 +0100
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 Paul Stachour emailed:
"[..]

P.S. The first Java program I wrote got wrong answers because the Java
dynamic linker
didn't get the right subroutine to call.  While I have no recent experience
personally, a
friend who uses Java regularly and religiously says it is not hard to trick
the dynamic
linker into getting the wrong routine if you know how to go about it. And
that it can
happen accidentally."

Indeed, such as using the Java Compiler Compiler to generate
a parser written in Java, and writing backend compiler code
(as oppossed to JavaCC's frontend parsing job) for an object
oriented language only to have some versions of Sun's
Java/JVM tools misinterpret my own Object class by
implicitly importing (import is like Ada's USE).