From:
"David C. Hoos, Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David C. Hoos, Sr.
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 14:46:58 -0600
For what it's worth, I have compiled the entire Ada83 Booch components with
gnat, and they all compile, except for (if memory serves me correctly) some
uses of the 'Small attribute in the Floating_Point_Utilities and possibly
the Integer_Utilities packages.

What Dave Weller says about their inefficiency is true -- and there are some
outright bugs which we fixed.  I am sure there must be others, because we
didn't use every package -- there are, as I recall, 501 packages.

Also, we found the Storage_Manager implementation to be a great source of
excessive
memory consumption -- because once the storage_manager gets some memory from
the system, it never gives it back.  This means that every instance has a
permanent memory requirement equal to the "high-water-mark."