Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 12:23:44 -0800
From: Al Christians <[log in to unmask]>
A big problem is that any non-standard interface is inherently boggling
and untrusted by the users.  I have seen this many times when Ihave
developed what I thought was a superior (text-based) user interface for
my software.  Even though it is good, easy, fast, self-explanatory, ....
....there is some pretty large overhead cost to the learning curve of
getting someone to use any non-standard interface, so unless the
motivation and payoff are sufficient, you are not going anywhere with a
non-standard interface.   Unfortunately, for my users, Windows defines
the standard.

Al