From:
John McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 13:38:34 -0600
On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Hal Hart wrote:

> His last paragraph (quoted above) nicely restates the disconnect or
> matchup problem that many in the Ada community have long recognized.

Let me throw out an idea to the industry folks in this group.  This is
from a proposal from a person at Rockwell that I met at TRI-Ada in St.
Louis.  The idea is to have companies sponsor student transportation and
housing at SIGAda '98.  Each company could pay for a room for a faculty
sponsor, rooms for students (n per room), and a van to get them to
Washington.  The companies would set up on site interviews with any of the
students (not simply the ones they paid for).  The cost to talk with 40 or
50 students in this scheme would probably be the same as bringing 4 or 5
directly to your company.

What do you think?

Would your company find this scheme worthwhile?

Would / could the SIGAda '98 Committee organize such an event?

John

John W. McCormick                 [log in to unmask]
Computer Science Department       voice  (319) 273-2618
University of Northern Iowa       fax    (319) 273-7123
Cedar Falls, IA  50614-0507