"Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:31:37 -0400
Hint: Check into the string attributes 'first and 'last, you also may find
substrings helpful.

Rush
-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Booker [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 4:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [Off topic] palindromes

That's correct.  An example is "Madam, I'm Adam."  If you ignore the spaces
and punctuation, that becomes MADAMIMADAM, which is the same sequence of
letters either forward or backward.  Notice that the "I" is the middle of
the string, and doesn't have to match any other letters.  If a string has an
even number of letters, then the two middle letters much match for it to be
a palindrome.

Glenn Booker

From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:         Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:31:02 +0200