From:
Hal Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:17:25 -0800
>It is a shame that I can't go to my boss and say "Look Ada is
>being used in Times Square!"  Second hand word of mouth is
>not going to get the message to my customer that Ada is a
>"Good Thing" even though most of us know that it is.

Hey, Mike's previous repeated, documented citation about Ada being used to
upgrade the NYC subway system ought to carry more weight.  (Go to his
SIGAda Education WG webpage for links.)  And that it's based on very
effective and cost-effective "reuse" from Paris, Cairo, etc. subway systems
in Ada.  Those applications are much more in a domain with requirements for
which we should be extolling Ada, and ought to impress your boss much more
than a neon sign.   -hh