Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:08:02 -0500
> Support for Rational Apex is sold on a per license basis.  For an
embedded
> compiler targeting a PowerPC the cost is between $5.5K and $6.2K
depending
> upon the actual product variant (Ada or DUO).

My apologies for any confusion.  Apex is indeed lower cost
for a small team (unless ACT has changed pricing structure
significantly).  The lowest price option I was quoted
for GNAT support covered up to 100 developers.  I'm not
going to repeat the amount, because I'm sure it's no longer
the same.  GNAT support was lower cost for a large project.

Of course, there is considerable difference between the
two--neither is "just" a compiler.  So a mere price
comparison may be misleading.

So I'm sorry I ever mentioned it.  I hereby resolve not
to interfere with marketing competitors.  (This resolution
does not apply to spammers and liars.)

--
Wes Groleau
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~wgroleau