From:
"W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
W. Wesley Groleau x4923
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:47:08 -0500
Speaking of managers vs. engineers, a couple of versions of the following
have been circulating recently:
From:  John Doe
To:    Jack Roe
Subj:  Y 2 K conversion

We are pleased to report that we have completed the Y 2 K conversion ahead
of schedule and under budget.  All our software, including archives and
backups, now expresses dates in terms of:

   Januark     Mak       September
   Februark    June      October
   March       Julk      November
   April       August    December

In addition, we applied the conversion to days also, using:

   Sundak   Mondak   Tuesdak   Wednesdak  Thursdak   Fridak   Saturdak

The only dark cloud on this project is that the implementing engineers
were _very_ unsupporting of the company's objectives.  Two even resigned
when I reminded them the CEO considered this top priority.

I must admit that what they wanted to do seemed worthwhile.  Perhaps we
should mention it to the CEO.  They wanted to change the format for the
year from four digits to two to save space.  At least I think that's what
they said.