Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "S. Ron Oliver" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:13:02 -0700
Hi!

Almost immediately after I posted my "flame" and let you know about it, I
left for California.  Since then I have been away from home or involved in
"family holiday affairs", almost continuously.  Now, nearly a month later,
I am back home, no longer in holiday mode, and "getting back to work".

In the interim, I received quite a bit of feedback, most of it very
interesting and useful.

To avoid duplication, and to keep things as concise as possible, I will
attempt to respond to all the feedback in 1 or 2 relatively short
messages.  But it may take a week or so to get that done.

Thanks to each of you who took the time to reply with valuable perspective
and additional information.  Based on your participation I can
significantly improve my statement, and I could almost write a "book" on
the subject!  :)

sro

S. Ron Oliver, semi-retired professor of Computer Science and Computer
Engineering.  www.csc.calpoly.edu/~sroliver

Tired of sucky software! ?  Check out www.caressCorp.com and follow the
links to software sucks and The Oliver Academy.