From:
"Robert C. Leif" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:47:08 -0700
   I am chairing a workshop/BOF on Commercializing Ada at SIGAda 2005 on
Wednesday November 16.  Since, I have the biased opinion that progressive
software is a better means of promoting the use of Ada than free software
(GNU), I wish to invite anyone who believes that free software is a better
approach to present his or her views.  The major differences between free
and Progressive software are the developers get royalties on their work and
the purchasers are free to do what they want provided it does not impair the
developers' royalties.

   I also wish to explore the possibility of a vendor or group hosting an
Ada compiler under Microsoft Visual Studio including use of Ada enhanced
versions of the elements of the Visual Studio environment (editor, debugger,
etc.).  Has anyone created a product for Windows CE or Windows XP embedded?

   Anyone, who has any other ideas, thoughts, etc. on how to increase the
use of Ada in commercial markets including how we can leverage the present
use of Ada for defense and aerospace, is invited to present.

   The development of the equivalent of Text_IO for input and output of XML
(XML_IO) would be of commercial utility. Anyone who can report on the
packages that are, at least in part, relevant to this is invited to present.

   All are invited to attend and participate.

   Thank you.
   Bob Leif