From:
Jack Beidler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jack Beidler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 17:57:42 -0500
Regarding:  "Paul D. Stachour" wrote:

> With regard to the dining philophers problem, some of the Ada solutions
> I have access to presume a VT100 style of terminal.  This is really
> a windows95/98 question about using Ada; but how do I define a DOS/
> whatever window so that I can run such a program and have it do the
> right thing.  I know that I can telnet to a unix box, and have a
> terminal window, but what I'm looking for is a vt100-style window
> on my home & demo PC.

This is a real nuisance because the ansi.sys file that these solutions use
is no longer supplied on the system CD. Further, they no longer work on
Windows NT.  One solution, if you have the code (Mike Feldman's example),
you can get Jerry's version (Jerry van Dyke)

http://stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk/

of Mike's Screen package, to make things work on a Wintel system.  Jerry's
page is well worth the visit if you are doing Ada on an Wintel box.

Jack
--
John (Jack) Beidler, Ph.D., Professor of Computer Science
Computing Sciences Department, University of Scranton, Scranton, PA 18510