Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:15:00 -0500
From: Bikin' Bob <[log in to unmask]>
Michael Feldman wrote:

> > > Who holds it out (these days) to be the best available? If you are
> > > paying full price for VADS, the money would buy a lot of support
> > > from ACT if you moved over to GNAT!
> > > Mike Feldman
> >
> > Agreed ... we got it GFE, or NOC (not our choice) :-).  The contracting
> > agency wanted a commercially available, supported product.  I'm not sure
> > that GNAT fit that bill at the time the decision was made.
>
> It might be worth a small experiment to see if a change is warranted.
> The results could be interesting for all.
>
> Mike Feldman

True again ... I think our customer's technical contact is on this list,
maybe he can help us out here (Jerry, are you reading)?

One problem may be that because we have used the VADS Win32 API
*extensively*, a shift to another compiler would not be cost-efficient,
or practical.

--
Happy trails,

Bob Inscoe