Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:13:55 -0700
From:
Scott and Laura Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Sorry, I wasn't specific enough in my requirement. I know
all about cgi, and have done tons of it also (ada or otherwise).

Instead I need the apache extension capability where a
compiled language is pre-loaded into apache and available
to perl programs, and "embedded perl" web programs
via a special interface language (that must generate a
perl API of some sort).  Actually this isn't specific to
apache, but a module for perl. Apache just lets it be
pre-loaded in the httpd's that are spawned at runtime.
- this is available in something from the perlmod family of tools.

This is MUCH faster than CGI programs since the process
is already running (they reuse httpd processes).

Thanks.
scott

--
Scott and Laura Moody