From:
"Crispen, Bob" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 10:44:28 -0500
Jack Beidler[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] sez:

>While talking with this
>individual I asked them why they were not teaching with Ada.  The reply
>was
that Ada was too hard for their students.

I don't want to dwell on this too long or too harshly, but I
wonder how often that really means "Ada is too hard for me."

That's really unanswerable, you know.  What can you say
to the statement behind the statement?  "Yes, I've looked at
your publications and your record, and you probably *are*
too dim to teach an Ada class?"

I wonder if this isn't a case of having to be too smart (or,
more likely, seem too smart) to do well in Ada?  And what
lies behind the resistance to Ada is the inexorable march
of regression.

Feeling a little discouraged today.  Wishing I'd spent the
past few years on Visual Basic -- not using it to program,
but selling it.

Bob Crispen
speaking for me, not for us, and definitely not for them

"You know how dumb the average guy is?  Well, by
definition, half of them are even dumber than *that*".
-- Rev. Ivan Stang