Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:58:44 -0400
Is there someplace we can collect Ada productivity data (or
URL's to same).  Perhaps on the Ada Information Clearinghouse?

Can either of you make the empirical data available, or
provide pointers to where it's available, to back up
your statements?

I happen to agree with your statements that Ada productivity is
equal or better than C++ (after a learning curve) and Ada
maintenance MUCH easier.  But such statements can easily be
dismissed as unsubstantiated.

The only hard data that's generally available, that I'm aware
of, comes from NASA Goddard's Software Engineering Lab.  And
this only after about 3 Ada projects (the learning curve) and
with substantial reuse.

The next obstacle to be addressed is: If companies can find 10
experienced C/C++ programmers and only 0 or 1 experienced
Ada programmer, such productivity numbers are mute.

Rush Kester
Software Systems Engineer