Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:57:11 -0400
From:
Stephen Leake <[log in to unmask]>
Ed Colbert <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I was asked, "what's Ada's life expectancy?"  I thought I'd get the
> consensus of this group before I respond.

Indefinite.

By "life expectancy", I mean "able to get a working compiler for my
computer".

If you mean instead "able to buy a support contract for a working
compiler on my computer for my embedded target", that's still
"indefinite", given ACT's success.

> I'd appreciate any data you have to support your position?

Other languages have well outlasted their predicted lifetimes; look at
COBOL. Ada Core Technologies is making money and growing; no reason to
think that will change.

--
-- Stephe