From:
"Paul D. Stachour" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul D. Stachour
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 23:24:37 -0600
>Norrie wrote:
> Hi folks,
> As subject says I'm new to GNAT and ADA 95.
> I wish to run Ada95 to help out some student friends of mine.
>
> How do I download GNAT to my mac using ftp into a format where I can copy
> it to floppies to copy onto the PC.  I appreciate that it would be easier
> to download it directly to the PC, however this is not a feasible option,
> since I don't want to overstep my welcome with regard to use of my friends
> PC.
> I would be most grateful if you could help me to help my student friends....
> Thanks in anticipation of an act of genius.....
>
> Norrie Forster

One alternative would be to get someone else to make you diskettes.

The Twin Cities SIGAda makes copies of GNAT available on diskette.
Our price basically covers our cost of copying and distribution.
See our web-page info at

  http://www.winternet.com/~stachour/WWW/ada/adasales.html

Or, if you do not have WWW access, send a check for $10 made
payable to Twin Cities ACM SIGAda to:

  Twin Cities ACM SIGAda
  c/o Paul Stachour
  9532 First Avenue South
  Bloomington, Minnesota, 55420 USA.

Or, if your friend has a CDROM drive, get an Ada CDROM from Walnut Creek.

..Paul