From:
"Lipscomb, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:05:37 -0500
My development team is responsible for writing and maintaining applications
for which high-availability is a requirement.  Once launched, our programs
should run continuously for days or weeks.

As one might imagine, memory leaks are a great concern to us.  Does anyone
know of a collection of software components in Ada that provide
reference-counted objects?  How about bindings, or binding wrappers, that
provide reference-counting?

In the book, _Design Patterns_, reference-counted objects are covered in the
section on the pattern Proxy.  Unfortunately, I have not read the entire
book yet (I will, I promise.)  Can anyone recommend other patterns that are
particularly applicable in the domain of high-availability software
applications -- design patterns that we'd really be foolish to be without?

-- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
-- CV, PGP keys, etc: http://users.exis.net/~klips