Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:48:07 -0400
From: Currie Colket <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Ada Community:

The following changes are planned for the SIGAda 2001 Conference.

Mon, Oct 1:  Tutorial MP2: "A Comparison of the Concurrency and
             Real-Time Features in Ada, Java, and POSIX", will be
             given by Jean-Pierre Rosen instead of Ben Brosgol

Tue, Oct 2:  Keynote Address: "Future Development of the Ada
             Language", Robert Dewar, has been replaced by
             "Architecture-based Software Development on the
             Crusader Program", Scott Edgerton. Scott's presentation
             was originally scheduled for Thursday Morning.

Tue, Oct 2:  Topic "Real-Time Convergence of Ada and Java", Ben
             Brosgol & Brian Dobbing replaced by "Logic or Magic"
             by Peter Amey. Peter's presentation was a keynote
             address at Ada-Europe and was well received there.

Wed, Oct 3:  Topic "Detecting Concurrently Executing Pairs of
             Statements using an Adapted MHP Algorithm", Zhenqiang
             Chen, Baowen Xu, &  Huiming Yu; has been canceled

Thu, Oct 4:  Topic "Architecture-based Software Development on
             the Crusader Program" which was moved to Tuesday, will
             be replaced by "Ada Experiences Panel", Robert
             Lockwood, Bill Rusinak, David Glessner, Elizabeth
             Theesfeld.

Please see the attached message from Robert Dewar. For those who have
yet to register, please also see attachment 2 which contains information
on how to do so.

Thank you for bearing with us as we make adjustments to the schedule.
Special thanks to the SIGAda 2001 Conference Committee for quickly
reacting and to those who are helping make this happen. Hopefully all
other changes will be minor in comparison.

I am looking forward to a technically important conference! Hope you can
come. Looking forward to seeing you at SIGAda 2001!!!

v/r
Currie Colket
Chair ACM SIGAda

P.S. I apologize to those who receive this multiple times.

+------------+
Attachment 1:
+------------+

> Message to attendees at SIGAda
>
> From Robert Dewar
> Ada Core Technologies
>
> Indeed the events of 11 September did have a serious impact on us here at
> ACT, as they did on all Americans, and indeed on the world, but I wanted
> to reassure you all that everyone at ACT was safe and sound, and the only
> direct effect was to knock out our internet routers, and by now those are
> back on line, and service to our customers has fully resumed. Indeed it is
> a benefit of our being spread out over the globe and in particular that
> we have a company in Paris that we could support our customers through
> the entire period.
>
> However, this is definitely a time during which we prefer to stay at home,
> and be in New York during its period of recovery, so I hope everyone will
> understand ACT canceling its planned participation in the conference. I
> wish you all a successful conference, and our lines and internet addresses
> are fully open and operational if any of you have specific questions for
> us.

+------------+
Attachment 2:
+------------+

If you haven't done so already, please register for the SIGAda 2001
conference as soon as possible. The on-line registration system is
located at the SIGAda 2001 Conference Web Site, at:

     http://www.acm.org/sigada/conf/sigada2001/

following the Registration link. Or, if you prefer, you can go
directly to the on-line registration system at:

     https://sigada2001.safety-site.com/

We are looking forward to an exciting conference. We can guarantee
that the conference will demonstrate the power of real-time programming
along
that with intriguing dynamic scheduling algorithms. We will try to send
an
announcement to those registered by Wednesday to let you know how the
schedule looks by the end of this week. Changes may be posted to our web
site.