Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:48:07 -0800
From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
From: Bob Leif
To: Pascal Obry et al.

Firstly concerning JavaScript, I believe that Ada on a J code virtual
machine can provide the same functionality. Why should I have to learn
another language? I can see the necessity to learn XML; however, many of us,
myself included, are NOT full-time programmers. Ada was created to minimize
the number of languages one has to learn.

[Bob Leif] How does one make an Ada J code compiler call an Ada exe?
[Pascal Obry] I don't understand the question !

Internet devices are presently perceived as a large market. The GUI of these
devices should be based on web pages that could use Ada compiled to J code.
For reasons of efficiency, it would be very useful to have the Ada J code
capable of being interfaced to compiled Ada code. Another example, someone
in the Ada community decides to get rich and make a competitor to Microsoft
Office or Works. They create standard Ada executables that contain COM
objects etc. However, the application needs a scripting or macro language. I
prefer an Ada J code compiler to Visual BASIC. The scripting language will
need to call Ada executables.