Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:57:49 -0400
From:
Tom Rhoads <[log in to unmask]>
Todd said:
> Why can't the FAA get over the Not Invented Here syndrome and just buy one of
> the commercially available systems?  Making modifications as needed.

That's an interesting comment, given the subject line. Raytheon built
(or at least proposed to build) STARS as its "COTS" system called
AutoTrac, with modifications as needed.

Tom
Tom Rhoads                            [log in to unmask]
Vergennes, VT 05491, USA

"I have learnt silence from the talkative,  toleration from the intolerant,
 and kindness from the unkind;
 yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.  - Kahlil Gibran