Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: John Woodruff <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:02:31 -0800

    > Hello everybody, I noticed there are folks who do SQL with Ada on
    > this list, so I guess this is the most appropriate place for this
    > question:

    > I program corporate information systems, and I'd prefer to code
    > them in Ada.. (And no, I've never coded embedded stuff..;) We're
    > using Oracle as RDBMS engine and GNAT compiler, all in Digital
    > Unix.

    > I know I could run Pro*C stuff through c2ada, but maybe there are
    > better solutions around.

We have succeeded in our early application of Oracle in Ada by using
Oracle's new product SQL*Module.  This is a way to use Oracle version 8
in Ada 95 on Solaris.

Is there a version for the environment Henri needs?  I don't know (I'm
dubious). But one can only ask.  And others may profit from the tool we
have found.

--
John Woodruff                                             N I F   \ ^ /
Lawrence Livermore National Lab                         =====---- < 0 >