Rick Duley <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 01:35:09 +0000
Hi Teamers

Sorry I was not very specific.  The accusation I hear is based on the fact
that the JAVA SDK comes with a huge collection of pre-defined classes; some
for GUI work, most for a vast range of functions.  Our freshmen select from
this collection and combine their selections in other classes.  This is
called Object-oriented Programming :(

The accusation is that Ada has no such collection (actually, most people
believe that OOP is impossible in Ada).

I have downloaded CLAW which holds out promise for GUI work although it
lacks documentation.  Also, the current GNAT compiler is not listed among
its compatibilities.  GtkAda works but its implementation for Windows
appears to be something of an afterthought berining consequent restrictions.
  My experience of Booch components is that they are subroutines rather than
classes.

What else is around?

Rick Duley
School of Engineering Science
Murdoch University, Perth,
Western Australia                    .-_|\
http://www.freewebs.com/rickduley/  /     \
aussie :    0409 106 049      perth *_.-._/
o'seas : +61 409 106 049                 v
46.6294% of all statistics
                   are made up on the spot.

>From: Chris Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Class Library for Ada OOP
>Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:07:32 -0700
>
>What exactly are you looking for?
>
>Chris
>>Hi Teamers
>>
>>One of the Ada-criticisms I frequently endure is that, unlike JAVA,
>>Ada has no OOP libraries to draw on.
>>
>>Are there some?
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>--------------------------------------------
>>Rick Duley
>>School of Engineering Science
>>Murdoch University, Perth,
>>Western Australia                    .-_|\
>>http://www.freewebs.com/rickduley/  /     \
>>aussie :    0409 106 049      perth *_.-._/
>>o'seas : +61 409 106 049                 v
>>(Lawbooks) "... the largest body
>>      of poorly written literature
>>            ever created by the human race."
>>                                John Lindsey

Win a $40K private Lear Jet experience with Flight Sim X!
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=730&referral=hotmailtagline&URL=http://games.ninemsn.com.au