From:
David Botton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Botton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:27:11 -0400
Sure. For those using the DB on Win32 access through ADO and those on real
OSes use GLADE. You should also be able to minimize the code needed to
support both methods since you can just expose a DB abstraction using the
same spec and body just distribute with GLADE where needed. Please keep us
posted on how it works out.

I plan on having future versions of COMCreate and BindCOM generate a GLADE
distributable binding to COM objects. This would give you the ability to
Bind to a COM/DCOM object and use it either locally on Windows machines or
remotely on non-Windows machines. It may be a couple of months until I get
a version out that does this, but it is on the books.

David Botton