From:
William Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:06:29 -0500
In my evaluation of ObjectAda I have experienced this many times.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I'm hoping the latest
version (which I do not yet have) solves this problem.  That patch I
downloaded and installed from their web site certainly did not.
Reinstalling doesn't help (I did it twice).  It's one of those things I've
chalked to the environment being new and still a little buggy (thanks to
Microsoft my expectations for reliable PC software are somewhat low
:-)

Bill Pritchett

>>> David Weller <[log in to unmask]> 03/22/97 10:21pm >>>
Let's get the important questions out of the way first: Why am I
posting an ObjectAda question to the Team Ada list?
        1) Tech support is sleeping until Monday.
        2) I'm hoping _one_ Aonix person might be reading this list
        this weekend...
        and most importantly
        3) My stupid, soon-to-be-fired ISP, hasn't figured out how to
        get my USENET posts out past their server :-(

For non-OA users, you may delete this message now :-)

Now, on to the question:
I create a project.  Easy.  I tell project to add about 20 files to
the project.  Easy.  I click "CLose" on the dialog.  A spinning
hourglass appears...forever.  No indication of what's happening,
nothing, just a spinning dialog.  Task Manager shows that OA is "Not
Responding".  I'm assuming this is a Bad Thing(tm).  I tried "sneaking
up on it" by adding a few files at a time, but once I go beyond a
certain number (actually, I just tried an experiment: It appears to be
failing even if I don't add files...).  OK, so there's wierdness going
on.  Should I reinstall everything (what fun)?  Has anybody else seen
this problem?

--
The Ada 95 Booch Components Homepage: www.rivatech.com << Note
new URL!