Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Colin Paul Gloster <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:50:14 -0500
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Carlisle Martin C Dr USAFA/DFCS wrote:
"I have received my copy of the December 2000 issue of Ada Letters, [..]"
But since you're at the United States Air Force Academy you're presumably
in the same country and continent; and unlike myself don't have to contend
with three countries' postal services across two continents in the full
knowledge that where the airmailing is being sent to is a country which
has terrible second class post outside its country to yours.

"As the managing editor of Ada Letters, I have had two primary goals:

#1) Make Ada Letters available on-line (I believe I have now achieved this,
and you will find the on-line version is available far before you get
printed copy)."

I believe you have too but I don't pay extra for airmail and donate extra
(but less than required for airmail) for on-line access in order to wait
protracted periods of time for my preferred format.

"#2) Bring Ada Letters back on schedule (still working on this one, am hoping
to be back on schedule by the June 2001 issue-- unfortunately, things are
out of my control once they leave my desk, and I can only prod people
gently).

--Martin

[..] I went to the Ada Letters website and am quite annoyed
that the March 2001 issue is already out before my supposedly airmailed
(and the airmail is sent to the U.K. and then sent by surface mail to
the other addresses in the E.U. -- and I well know that the U.K.'s surface
mail is terribly slow) December 2000 issue has arrived (I'm aware that the
December 1999 hardcopies were delayed due to an issue relating to the CDs
but no such mention has been made of the December 2000 issue).

[..]"

Yeah, waiting on others to do simple tasks for you which you do not have
the authority to do yourself is a nuisance.