"F. Britt Snodgrass" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:08:14 -0600
At 04:32 PM 11/25/00 -0600, S. Ron Oliver wrote:

. . .

>However, more to the point: it is somewhat embarrassing to know that, if an
>author is going to give ONLY ONE reference, the one he gives is not either
>SIGAda or the ARA.  This is somewhat of an educational problem.

>Does anyone know the author?  Does anyone know an editor for Linux journal?

>Perhaps if we wrote a brief note to the Linux journal, asking that more
>URLs be listed for those interested in learning more about Ada (without
>saying anything pro or con about AdaHome), we could at least get one more
>small plug in the Linux community?

I wrote to the author about this today and received a very nice reply.
He said that the URL's he provided for the article had been heavily
edited.  He also said he had submitted a revised article to Linux
Journal after he learned that AdaHome was so neglected article but that
they still used his original submission.  I will also write to Linux
Journal to thank them for publishing the article and to provide
additional URL's.

Otherwise, it was a very positive article that will definitely promote
the use of Ada on Linux.  I read the newsstand edition but it can be
read on-line at
http://www2.linuxjournal.com/cgi-bin/frames.pl/index.html by registered
subscribers to Linux Journal.

With regard to AdaHome, I checked the "whois" database and saw that the
adahome.com domain name is registered through Sep 12 of this year.
Apparently Magnus Kempe is still paying the yearly registration fee.
Rather a mystery...

F. Britt Snodgrass