Corey Minyard <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 22:54:56 -0600
Tom Moran <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> On Linux 2.0.36 with WINE, it appears multi-tasking Ada programs
> compiled with Gnat or ObjectAda do not run.  I understand this may be a
> limitation of Linux "2.0.x and early 2.1.x".  If someone has a later
> version, I would be very interested in hearing if multi-threading works,
> and in particular, if the dining philosophers in diners.exe in exe.zip
> at
> ftp://members.aol.com/gmoran01/diners
> (which was compiled with ObjectAda) run.  (A multi-tasking, but not
> multi-threading, version does run on 2.0.36)

WINE is not even alpha-quality software, it's amazing that you can get
GNAT or ObjectAda to run at all, let alone run with multitasking.  Why
not run GNAT native on Linux?  Multitasking works quite well with
that, I've used it extensively.

--
Corey Minyard               Internet:  [log in to unmask]
  Work: [log in to unmask]       UUCP:  [log in to unmask]