From:
Sward Ricky E LtCol USAFA/DFCS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:08:37 -0600
 Conference Announcement - SIGAda 2003

7-11 December 2003, San Diego, California, USA

Sponsored by ACM SIGAda

The SIGAda 2003 conference offers a top-quality technical program focused on
important strengths of the Ada programming language. Three days of technical
papers, keynotes, and invited presentations will report on how Ada is
achieving success in the challenging realm of software engineering. We are
fortunate to have four leaders in the software engineering community; Ben
Brosgol, Joyce Tokar, David A. Wheeler, and Steve Grimaldi (tentative) will
provide keynote addresses to set the tone for our conference. We are also
fortunate to have Jim Moore, Tullio Vardanega, and Pascal Leroy provide a
special discussion of the work of the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 WG9 on Wednesday
afternoon. The WG9 Forum will give you an opportunity to find out how Ada
will evolve to meet our future requirements and at the same time give you an
opportunity to provide input to its future.

Beyond the formal conference of selected papers and presentations, SIGAda
2003 offers workshops and tutorials with the same duality of on-theme and
complementary topics. SIGAda's tutorials and workshops provide full- or
half-days for those working the same issues to share with each other and
leverage everyone's accomplishments; workshop products are "delivered" to
the community. The broad offerings of career-enhancing tutorials include
basic Ada 95 introductions for software engineers new to Ada, intermediate
and advanced Ada topics for practitioners striving to expand their Ada
expertise, and several language-independent technology topics. Join us in
understanding how these topics mutually support the disciplined development
and evolution of serious, high quality software systems.

For more information on the conference schedule, registration options, and
hotel information visit the SIGAda 2003 web site at the following link.

 <http://www.acm.org/sigada/conf/sigada2003/>
http://www.acm.org/sigada/conf/sigada2003/

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Ricky E. Sward
SIGAda 2003 Program Chair