Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:44:20 -0500
Subject: Re: The AVM
From: Terry Westley <[log in to unmask]>
S. Ron Oliver wrote (in thread Re: The Good and Bad News about Java)

> Perhaps this comes within the purvue of Dave Botton's AdaPower and/or the
> proposed Ada-Web WG.  (Is anybody doing anything about the latter?)

I was the one that started a thread about Ada/JVM/Web.  I found there
to be very little interest in forming a working group or in starting
a new mailing list.  Most of the people responding to this issue wanted
to keep the discussion in Comp.Lang.Ada, so I've done nothing.

However, the AVM is certainly an interesting topic for a SIGAda
working group, especially if combined with Bob Lief's ideas about XML.

--
Terry Westley
Visit the TASH web site at http://www.adatcl.com