Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:40:21 -0700
From:
John Apa <[log in to unmask]>
It is when its being redesigned in Ada95 instead of c\c++. A decision
was made to redesign code in Ada95 to get the increased support from
tools and compiler vendors. I think that's a success when a decision
like that is made. They could have just as easily have chosen to
redesign in c\c++.

Perhaps my use of "moved" was not quite accurate, I should have said
redesigned. But in any case the decision to purchase Ada95
tools/training and migrate towards it shows a longer term commitment
than using a 6 year old unsupported Ada83 compiler just because it's
cheaper and still Ada.

John Apa
L-3 CSW