Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:28:46 +1000
From:
Alan E & Carmel J Brain <[log in to unmask]>
Jerry van Dijk wrote:

> >                  When your software has to fly...
> >                          Choose Ada.
> >
> > Ada is the language of the International Space Station, Boeing jets,
> > world-wide Air Traffic Control, and the French TGV high-speed train.
>
> etc.
>
> My first impression is: obviously a great language for safety critical
> applications. We do not build safety critical applications, so... we
> stick to C++ (or JAVA, or...)
>
> Does anyone else get the same impression or is this just me again ?

I got the same impresssion. We need something like....

   When you need software On Time and Under Budget
                     Choose Ada

Programmer productivity in Ada is at least as high as
other OOP languages such as C++. You get more Function Points
per Dollar, less Re-Testing, Higher Reusability.
Robust, Industrial-strength Compilers are cheap (some are
Copyleft Free) and you don't need a million expensive tools
for bounds checking - the compiler does that for you

        And that means a better bottom line.

--
[log in to unmask]     <> <>    How doth the little Crocodile
 [log in to unmask]  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo