From:
Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:11:44 -0400
Hi, Everyone,

One thing that I've found lacking in our discussions and perceptions is
that there is a heavy reliance on the trade press, with people quoting
Embedded Systems Journal and the like in order to follow technology.

While this is good (such sources are reasonable resources), there is a
problem
in that these sources can be dated.  Recent launches such as Windows 2000
and
the Pocket PC have been documented in the trade press after the launch, but
the developments have been underway for years.  Like many DoD contracts, if
you wait for the RFP to come out before preparing your proposal, you are too
late.  Likewise, if you base your decisions solely on the trade press,
you can also be too late.

More timely data comes from sources like:
  1. Advanced technology reporters - IBM Systems Journal, MIT's Technology
Review
  2. Collaborations

Rick
Richard Conn, Principal Investigator